Interested in becoming a PFI member?
Joining PFI puts your company on the cutting edge of pet food policy and advocacy. Our members make the vast majority of all U.S. pet food and treat products and are committed to helping pets enjoy long and healthy lives. PFI advocates for a transparent, science-based regulatory environment for our members.
In 2023, PFI:
- Engaged with more than 75 congressional offices and key government agencies on challenges impacting the pet food industry, such as fighting proposed new tariffs on tin plate steel.
- Tracked more than 30 federal bills in the U.S. House and Senate.
- Tracked more than 450 state bills and monitored 63 priority bills and 115 packaging, plastics, and environmental bills.
- Resolved more than 80 export issues related to delayed facility inspection approvals or inspection scheduling, saving PFI members hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Socialized a proposal to modernize the pet food regulatory framework, met with over 24 key stakeholder organizations, and actively educated stakeholders on the challenges with the current system.
To see the full range of 2023 PFI activities, check out our Annual Report.
PFI 2023 Annual Report
PFI Membership Categories
- Manufacture commercially prepared dog and/or cat food and/or treats in the U.S.?
Then you are in the producer member category.
- Supply goods or services to support production of dog and/or cat food and/or treats (e.g. ingredients, packaging materials, equipment, laboratory services, product sterilization services)?
- Market and distribute commercially produced dog and/or cat food and/or treats (produced by a co-manufacturer) within the U.S. under your own name or trade name for sale in retail outlets, but aren’t primarily in the business of selling goods directly to consumers?
Then you are in the associate member category.
- A consultant, media, association, retailer, wholesaler, or merchandiser?
Then you are in the affiliate member category.