Interested in becoming a PFI Affiliate Member?
Benefits of being a PFI affiliate member:
PFI’s government relations team covers legislative and regulatory issues that impact pet food makers on the federal and state level and works to reinforce the value of our industry. Issues our team works on include:
- Supply chain challenges caused by disruptions in the shipping sector
- Funding for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for ingredient approvals
- Passage of legislation benefiting the pet care community
- Pet food licensing and registration fees
- Packaging and plastics legislation
PFI’s regulatory staff works to ensure that the regulatory landscape for pet food provides a comprehensive, fair, and transparent framework that is based on sound science and best practices, mutually benefiting the industry, PFI member companies, our customers, and pets. Activities our regulatory team works on are:
- AAFCO relations
- Ingredient approvals
- Food safety
- International trade
- PFI Staff Experts: Members enjoy exclusive access to the specialized expertise of PFI staff. Meet our subject matter experts.
- Members-only resources like Inside Elections, PFAS updates, and more
- Membership toolkits e.g. Renewable Diesel and Modernizing Pet Food Regulation resources
Join as a PFI affiliate member.
For questions about becoming a PFI member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.